Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the overall day-to-day operations of the Habitat Store including, but not limited to, store merchandising, product placement, shipping and receiving, merchandise pickups, safety program, Volunteer management, marketing and supervision of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the Store Manager, run the day to day operations and be the manager in charge when Store Manager is away
- Provide exceptional customer service and manage all staff to follow your lead
- Acting as the Safety Officer, ensure adherence to all safety and security practices and procedures. Conduct new hire safety training and monthly safety meetings for staff
- Volunteer management; demonstrate leadership and promote a positive, safe work environment. Guide and work side by side with volunteers to insure a positive experience through adequate planning and ongoing management of individuals, regulars and groups
- Manage opening and closing procedures including cash management for the Store according to company policy.
- Ensure that the interior and exterior of the store is maintained at a professional level and is a role-model for the community
- Work in conjunction with the store manager to procure donated merchandise; including oversight of merchandise pickups, ensure all donated materials are of resale quality and every donor is issued a tax receipt.
- Process donations and prepare merchandise to be sold
- Fill in for staff shortages as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises Store Associates and Volunteers.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Degree and 5+ years’ experience in retail management
Previous experience and/or skills must include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of all operational activities within a retail store or other high paced business environment
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Ability in training, managing, leading, coaching and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Successful problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Position schedule is Tuesday – Saturday. Willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work weekends and some weeknights.
- Driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Experience driving a box truck or the willingness to drive a box truck with training.
Leadership Skills: Ability to demonstrate consistent high standards of integrity, ethics and accountability. Ability to build cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships. Ability to project a professional image in speech and demeanor at work.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, volunteers, agencies, or the business community.
Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Must have demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office or equivalent and Point of Sale (POS) systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Assistant Store Manager position requires frequent lifting of 75 pounds or less, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, traveling within the community, and walking on unimproved job sites or buildings under construction. This position also requires the ability to drive, including a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and will provide such opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to: HR@habitatskc.org