Current Job Openings
Habitat for Humanity Seattle – King County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Construction Site Manager
Interested in long term residential construction work? Would you like a position that changes lives? Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County seeks a Construction Site Manager to oversee the construction process at Habitat self-build job sites. The Construction Site Manager will coordinate all phases of construction including, but not limited to, scheduling, materials, budgeting, permits, inspections, and directing subcontractors. This position serves as an instructor and provides instruction and direction to volunteers, AmeriCorps, staff, and homebuyers as they build their homes. This individual must conduct themselfs in a professional manner by demonstrating patience and knowledge in their work while also supporting Habitat’s ongoing mission to build and maintain affordable housing for low-income families.
Director of Data Management and Donor Relations
This position is responsible for donor relations and database management, supporting major gifts, annual fund, prospecting, fundraising events and communications efforts and provides general support within the Development Department. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director is responsible for supporting and managing the data and reporting needs of Habitat’s SKC’s Development Department.
Kittitas Repair Project Superintendent
The Repair Project Superintendent facilitates owner-occupied home repairs for qualified homeowners in Kittitas County, from feasibility and budgeting, to scheduling and execution of work. The person in this role must be comfortable doing both hands-on home repair tasks, as well as coordinating subcontractors or volunteers to complete the work as needed. In addition, the person in this role will interface directly with homeowners to explain Habitat’s Repair Program and also complete administrative tasks associated with grant compliance, ranging from outreach and maintaining community partnerships to record-keeping and reporting.
Habitat Store Positions
The Habitat Stores in Auburn, Bellevue, Southcenter, & Ellensburg are home improvement outlet stores that contribute to Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building affordable housing while providing a low-cost retail alternative for the public and reducing landfill waste. See current Habitat Store openings and apply via Indeed below.
Available AmeriCorps Positions
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. Members commit their time to address critical community needs like increasing academic achievement, mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more. This is a federally funded program that allows you a way to serve your country through direct service. Please note these AmeriCorps positions are not considered employment but are considered a term of service. Our Habitat affiliate provides members with:
- Hands-on career/professional experience at a nationally recognized non-profit that puts low income families in affordable homes through the homeownership model
- Living stipend paid out on monthly basis ($16,300 total for National members serving 10.5 months)
- Housing stipend paid monthly directly to landlord ($500/month for 1st term members; $750/month for 2nd term members)
- Transportation benefit (At least 3 Habitat vehicles are available for shared AmeriCorps use or $54 per month gas mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle or public transportation)
- Members who complete a full term of service (10 ½ months) are eligible for a Segal Education Award of $6,345 to be used to pay off student loans or go back to college
- The AmeriCorps program will also pay off the interest that is accrued from your loan deferment during your term of service)
- Members also receive a health plan at no cost and are potentially eligible for food stamps
Our affiliate serves both King and Kittitas Counties, listed below are opportunities in King County, click here to see opportunities available in Kittitas County.
We support service to community, with national & international impact, & the ability to make a difference. As an organization committed to making AmeriCorps and Peace Corps stronger, we give special consideration to former AmeriCorps Members and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.