Current Job Openings
Habitat for Humanity Seattle – King County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We have no open job opportunities, please check back soon for updates!
Available AmeriCorps Positions
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. Members commit their time to address critical community needs like increasing academic achievement, mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more. This is a federally funded program that allows you a way to serve your country through direct service. Please note these AmeriCorps positions are not considered employment but are considered a term of service. Our Habitat affiliate provides members with:
- Hands-on career/professional experience at a nationally recognized non-profit that puts low income families in affordable homes through the homeownership model
- Living stipend paid out on monthly basis ($15,850 total for National members serving 10.5 months; $21,622 total for VISTA members serving 1 year)
- Housing stipend paid monthly directly to landlord ($500/month for 1st term members; $750/month for 2nd term members)
- Transportation benefit (Habitat vehicle usage and carpool; gas mileage or public transportation reimbursement)
- Members who complete a full term of service (10 ½ months) are eligible for a Segal Education Award of $6,195 to be used to pay off student loans or go back to college
- The AmeriCorps program will also pay off the interest that is accrued from your loan deferment during your term of service)
- Members also receive a health plan at no cost and are potentially eligible for food stamps