Position Title: Store Manager
Reports To: Director of Retail Stores
The Store Manager generates revenue, meet budgets and maintains profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of Store products. The Store Manager implements and drives programs for donation of home furnishings and improvement materials, provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat Store activities and develops long-term, collaborative relationships with community based businesses, trade groups, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity mission in the community.
POSITION SUMMARY: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County operations through the acquisition, management, and marketing of home improvement materials. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity.
Working at an extremely fast pace, the Store Manager Implements and drives programs for donations and retail success. Provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat Store activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with businesses, community groups and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity’s mission in the community.
Viable candidates will have the following skills:
- A minimum of 3 years managing a high volume retail store, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 100 pounds with appropriate accommodation. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: staff hiring, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building though positive and effective communications, empathy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability – a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A history of building positive, cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to: HR@habitatskc.org