Meet Our Families
Every family deserves a decent place to call home and our families come from all around the world, each with their own story of how they went from point A to point B. Regardless of where one comes from everyone deserves a decent place to call home
Each of these families has put in their sweat equity to make to it where they are today. Working through our homeowner services program on a regular basis whether it be on site, in the stores, or in our office, they have put in an allotted amount of hours to purchase their home for their family through our program.
Ultimately, every family needs a place to call home as it provides them an opportunity to grow and build generational wealth. We at Habitat congratulate each family on obtaining their home, their journeys are not often easy, but hard work pays off. Here are their stories.
- Habitat Repairs Keep a Hub of Comfort GoingIvory Haywood embarked on a big adventure in 1972 when she followed her older brother to Seattle from rural Mississippi. He came here to join a pro basketball team and Ivory came in search of opportunity for herself. She’s still living in South Seattle and raising her twin granddaughters in the home she purchased in… Read more: Habitat Repairs Keep a Hub of Comfort Going
- Car Donation Pays Off for Habitat and for DonorsMost of us remember our first car. For Sudhanshu Kumar, his first car meant independence in his new country. “When I moved to the States, before I learned how to drive or owned this car, I had to rely on others to move around,” he said. Once he earned his license and his Hyundai Tiburon,… Read more: Car Donation Pays Off for Habitat and for Donors
- Habitat Adds New Roof and New Life to Old HomeAfter months of searching for help to repair their home, Carlean and Eddie Green finally found the support they needed through Habitat for Humanity SKKC. Their Skyway home, where they have lived for more than 30 years, was in dire need of repair, especially the leaking roof that posed a threat to the entire house.… Read more: Habitat Adds New Roof and New Life to Old Home
- Tyler Town Welcomes New Habitat Homeowners“For me, it’s about realizing the American Dream,” said Marian Hom as she accepted the keys to her new Habitat home at Tyler Town in North Bend. Along with her partner Tim Martin, and six other families, Marian’s dream came true on Saturday, April 15 at the Tyler Town Dedication ceremony. Just 18 months ago,… Read more: Tyler Town Welcomes New Habitat Homeowners
- Habitat’s Capitol View Community Houses Women-Led FamiliesFor 16 years, women from all walks of life, corporate and independent businesses and organizations have worked with Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King & Kittitas Counties to fund projects, build homes, and revitalize neighborhoods via the Women Build program. Over the course of three weeks this year, from April 29 through May 13, working side-by-side with… Read more: Habitat’s Capitol View Community Houses Women-Led Families
- Habitat Repairs Support The Spirit of Giving“The world would be so much better if we all would just take care of one another, and you folks have taken care of me.” That’s what Alesia Cannady has to say about the repairs Habitat for Humanity SKKC volunteers completed on her Skyway home last year. Alesia practices what she preaches. She is the… Read more: Habitat Repairs Support The Spirit of Giving