Finding decent, safe, affordable housing is not easy for King county families. For Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, finding affordable land to build on is one of our greatest challenges.
When you donate land or property to Habitat for Humanity you are apart of the solution to fighting poverty here in Seattle-King County. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with philanthropic giving and securing a meaningful tax donation* while freeing yourself from a financially hindering property holding.
- Become free from costly and unprofitable properties (this can be inherited properties, a real estate investment that has failed to deliver, a home that is complicating plans for relocation…). Eliminate the hassle. Get rid of your unwanted land or property with our simple donation process.
- Reduce your expenses. Stop paying property taxes & fees for land you won’t use.
- Gain large tax credits that can reduce taxes for years to come. Save on your taxes. Receive a tax deduction for the appraised value of your land.
- Avoid additional brokerage fees paid to real estate brokers or professionals.
- Peace of mind knowing that your property is no longer a drain or burden.
- Benefit of knowing that you/your business has helped others.
All types of real estate donations are greatly appreciated, including vacant lots/land, developed property, homes in need of repair, condemned sites, and commercial/retail/warehouse properties.
Get started today! Contact Patrick Sullivan, Chief Operating Officer at (206) 855-5004 to discuss if donating land or property is the right option for you.
*With all charitable gifts, it is important to consult with your attorney or financial advisor to ensure that you comply with state laws, receive maximum tax benefits, and that your wishes are accurately reflected in necessary legal documents.