Finding decent, safe, affordable housing is not easy for King county families. For Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, finding affordable land to build on is one of our greatest challenges.
Land acquisition is a costly piece of the home building process. A top priority of Habitat is to identify and secure land for future projects.
When you donate land or property to Habitat for Humanity you are apart of the solution to fighting poverty here in Seattle-King County. Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with philanthropic giving and securing a meaningful tax donation* while freeing yourself from a financially hindering property holding.
You can help in the following ways:
- Make a tax-deductible donation of a vacant lot to be turned into a forever home
- Make a partial donation of land. That is – you make a tax-deductible donation of land, and Habitat pays a percentage of the value of the land.
- Donate a house in need of renovation. Habitat considers donations or purchase of homes that need renovation.
- Partner with Habitat on a “mixed-income” development, which blends market-rate and Habitat homes.
- Tell friends and associates that Habitat acquires vacant land and houses.
All types of real estate donations are greatly appreciated, including vacant lots/land, developed property, homes in need of repair, condemned sites, and commercial/retail/warehouse properties.
Get started today! Contact Patrick Sullivan, Chief Operating Officer at (206) 855-5004 to discuss if donating land or property is the right option for you.
*With all charitable gifts, it is important to consult with your attorney or financial advisor to ensure that you comply with state laws, receive maximum tax benefits, and that your wishes are accurately reflected in necessary legal documents.