On the heels of the launch of Habitat International’s Homes Communities Hope + You campaign, a network-wide fundraising initiative that supports Habitat’s work in communities all across the United States and around the world, comes a thought leadership video series bringing together experts from around the world to inform and educate audiences about significant and pressing issues in housing today.
This series of live discussions spans critical topics including housing and health, the effect of COVID-19 on low-income families, redlining and racial inequity in housing, and more. Past events, that are available to watch include:
- A safe, decent home put us in the game: Featured participants: Adrianna “A.D” Franch, Malcolm Mitchell, Isaiah Roby, Maria Taylor and Jonathan Reckford
- COVID-19’s impact on housing and efforts to upgrade slums worldwide: Featured panelists: Eugénie L. Birch, Anacláudia Rossbach and Patrick Canagasingham
- Housing stability during the COVID-19 pandemic: Featured panelists: U.S. Senator Jack Reed, Julián Castro, Jonathan Reckford, Melissa Sanzaro, Catherina Chabot
- How historic housing discrimination against Black Americans contributes to racial inequities today: Featured panelists: Richard Rothstein, Alexi McCammond and Dwayne Spencer
- +You: Housing is the prescription we need: Featured panelists: Dr. Megan Sandel, Dr. Stephen Klasko, Jonathan Reckford and Lisa Gordon
The Homes, Communities, Hope + You campaign is a unique opportunity for Habitat organizations all around the world to unite as a global network to galvanize communities and emerge from the COVID-19 crisis stronger together. The campaign features Habitat doing what it does best: building security and stability, building back the economy, reconnecting communities, and creating hope.
“Habitat for Humanity is needed now more than ever. The world was already experiencing a housing crisis long before COVID-19. The pandemic has only made our work more urgent. Our neighbors need our help to build back, and we need your support as we work toward a world where everyone has a safe, decent and affordable place to live.”Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International